Pondering the complexities of life.

Monday, October 31

Here's the story...

…to go with the photos posted below.

The party could not have gone better. One of Paul's friends, a huge Halloween enthusiast, loaned him a number of his life-sized robotic Halloween characters. The moving/talking/candy-serving butler (pictured below with my daughter) was probably the most popular.

Paul's daughter was just wonderful, taking my daughter under her wing and watching over her. My daughter did so much better than I expected - and so much better than I would have done at her age! She managed to have a great time, make new friends and fit-in with the college-aged crowd without getting drunk, passing out or throwing up! This put her well ahead of the majority of 20-25 year olds attending! "C" wore my shagadelic retro dress. I'd bought that dress in two sizes and "C" brought both with her. Later in the evening, she and her new party friend dressed in the matching dresses. They looked so much alike that it was sometimes difficult to tell them apart! "C" got along well with both Paul's kids and never seemed the slightest bit uncomfortable.

The guests who dressed as a priest and pregnant nun won the costume contest, but there were plenty of great costumes on display. In addition to the creepy animated characters Paul borrowed, he purchased a fog machine for the event. It created a great Halloween atmosphere.

Paul set off some fireworks he had left over from another party late in the evening. After that, most of the teens jumped in the hot tub - despite the cold outdoor temperature.

I think everyone had a great time. The sleeping arrangements were never an issue. The teens all went to sleep in the living room. Paul and I stayed up to clean, so everyone else was conked out before we went to sleep. I actually went to bed before he did. He was dealing with a puke-filled bathroom. (Poor guy.) The alarm clock went off while he was still involved with the bathroom mess, indicating that we were going to sleep later than he normally wakes up for work!! I'm still dead tired!

I picked up my new dishwasher yesterday. Now I'm just waiting for the countertops to come in.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYONE!!

9 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Terrific costumes, especially yours/Paul's, the realistic ghost, and the twins. Woo hoo.

11:50 AM

 
Blogger bornfool said...

I was wondering who was wearing the matching dress with C. Ah, the dreaded puke-filled bathroom, no party is complete without it. :)

12:54 PM

 
Blogger ... said...

So glad to see you had a blast and there was no "lack of comfort" with the kids!

2:25 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Hoss: The ghost was one of the props - one of the few that did not move or speak. Not pictured was a robotic character from the living dead film series. It moved, grunted and groaned and eventually worked himself into an urgent-chanting of, "Hungry! Hungry! Hungry!"

One of those "twins" is my daughter, so stop that lascivious gawking!!

BF: Paul was NOT pleased about the bathroom mess, but he wouldn't let me help. I was very glad the culprit was not related to me!!

CC: Thanks. It was great!

3:07 PM

 
Blogger Kira said...

Yay! Dishwasher!

Sounds like it was a blast. That's funny about the alarm clock going off...wow, it's been a while since I've partied all night like that! Give me a few more years with the kids being older and that might happen. No, wait, I think that DID happen that night that Amanda, Angie, and I had our little Friday night gathering of food and alcohol. Hmmm. Ok, so I HAVE gone to bed at dawn in the recent past! Apparently it just takes the ex having the kids is all...haha!

A man who won't let you clean up puke is a great man. Another reason to keep him. Hoss wants to know if we're gonna have a double wedding ;) haha!

5:36 AM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Kira: (and Hoss)
IN VEGAS!! YEAH, BABY!!!

6:42 AM

 
Blogger Big Dave T said...

Great party, great costumes, and a fog machine even. Invite me next time. What do you do at a party like that (besides drink)? Bob for apples? Curious here.

6:54 PM

 
Blogger Monique said...

Looks and sounds like a great time was had by all!

9:18 PM

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Dave: Paul had a big tub for apple bobbing, but we didn't use it. They also had bought donuts to do that game here you eat donuts hanging from a string. Didn't use them either. He had everyone vote for best costume and gave scratch tickets to the winner. He set off fireworks. The younger crowd went in the hot tub. The guys played pool. The woman talked. Typical party stuff. Consider yourself invited to the next one!!

9:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home